- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 6 dried dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (160 °C fan-forced). Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, a sprinkle of salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly over baking trays and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until nicely toasted. Make sure to stir the granola every 5 minutes to prevent it from burning. Allow it to cool for 20 minutes. This will help it get crunchier.
- In a large bowl, mix granola with dried cranberries, chopped dates and shredded coconut. Store mixture in an airtight jar or container. Serve with yoghurt or milk.