- 600g chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 mini wholemeal corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt
- salt and cracked pepper
- lime wedges, for serving
- Combine chilli powder, cumin, paprika, turmeric, lime juice and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Season with salt and cracked pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut open avocado and remove the pit, then peel. Dice avocado and add to a medium-sized bowl. Mash with fork. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Add oil in non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 – 4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Combine cabbage, carrot, red onion and coriander in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, fill tortillas with cabbage salad, chicken and mashed avocado. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and serve with lime wedge.
Need further recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our Everyday Nutrition recipe ebook! You can download a free sample copy here.