Created by Vicki Foord (Accredited Practising Dietitian)
serves 6 I prep time = 10 minutes I cooking = 30 minutes
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 ½ cups salt reduced chicken stock (or chicken bone broth)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 150g white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ½ cup water
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- salt and cracked pepper
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes, turning, until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil, vegetables, cumin, turmeric and chicken back to the pan. Sauté for 2 – 3 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add stock and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix cornflour and water in a small bowl. Pour slowly into pie mixture, stir until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof pie dish.
- Spray one side of the filo pastry sheets with olive oil, then scrunch them on top of the pie mixture. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediate with a side salad or roasted vegetables.
Need further recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our New Eat Fresh recipe ebook! You can download a free sample copy here.