- 1 x 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon cut into quarters, for garnish
- Sweet chilli sauce, for serving (optional)
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and mash.
- Stir in tuna, onion, cumin, carrot, egg, breadcrumbs, coriander, mashed potatoes and lemon juice. Mix well to combine, season with salt and pepper. Shape into 12 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties in batches for 2 -3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges.