Created by Vicki Foord (Accredited Practising Dietitian)
makes 12 – 14 I prep time = 10 minutes I cooking = 30 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato strips, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 80g feta, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift self-raising wholemeal flour, baking powder and bicarb soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well to combine. Stir in grated zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, grated cheese and feta.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer come out clean. Turn the muffins out onto a while rack to cool.
Need further recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our New Eat Fresh recipe ebook! You can download a free sample copy here.