Created by Vicki Foord (Accredited Practising Dietitian and Sports Dietitian)
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons minced or finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 cups shredded cos lettuce (or oakleaf)
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, trimmed, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons caster or palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- To prepare the meatballs, place the pork mince, kecap manis, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and coriander in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well using cleans hands. Shape into tablespoon sized meatballs (makes approximately 20). Set aside on a plate.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium – high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well.
- To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and top with lettuce, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, meatballs and fresh coriander. Pour chilli/lime dressing over the salad.
Need further recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our New Eat Fresh recipe ebook! You can download a free sample copy here.